Re: [O] Small grammar tweaks in export sections of org.texi

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Small grammar tweaks in export sections of org.texi
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:35:25 +0200

Hi Brian,

Brian van den Broek <address@hidden> writes:

> The attached patch provides a number of minor (and pedantic, I
> suppose) grammar tweaks to doc/org.texi.

Applied, thanks.

> I've labelled it a TINYCHANGE. I am not sure of the exact bounds of what
> can count as a tiny change, but all this does is insert `a', `an' and `in'
> in a number of places in the docs.

A "tiny change" is a change that modifies <= than 20 lines.

> I've quite a few other typo corrections / phrasing improvements I could
> make to the docs, but I cannot presently sign the FSF papers. (I am on
> leave, living abroad for the year, and won't be able to get my employer's
> sign-off until I return home.) I'd appreciate being told if further
> documentation patches can be accepted in these circumstances. If they
> cannot, I will have to wait until I can address the FSF papers issue with
> my employer.

I suggest this:

1. try to figure out what really prevents you from assigning your
   copyright to FSF (unless your job contract says "everything you write
   in your free time belongs to us", I don't see a real problem here, but
   of course I don't have all the cards in hands to judge appropriately.)

2. try to convince your boss/company that it can be useful.

3. try to give advice on the list in a way that makes it easy for others
   to create a patch.

But in your situation, submitting patches would just prevent us from
getting your corrections into Emacs.

Sorry for these bureaucratic contraints, and thanks for your
understanding!

--
 Bastien