[O] Exporting to ACM format using new LaTeX exporter (was: LaTeX-export

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Exporting to ACM format using new LaTeX exporter (was: LaTeX-export to ACM SIG Proceedings format)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:06:42 +0200

* Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:

> One of the ideas behind the new exporter is that Org-mode source
> prepared for one target can be easily exported to other targets.

I see.

> My brief experience with the LaTeX exporter so far has been very
> positive and I'm relatively certain that it will be the default
> export engine in the not too distant future.  If the ACM template
> is written for the new exporter, then its use life will likely be
> enhanced.

Right.

> Also, I agree with Jambunathan's comment that exercising the new
> exporter on a practical project might possibly indicate how it
> could be made better.

To what extent does the new exporter differ from the features
described in the documentation and the tutorial?

Where is the new exporter described? I could only find [1].

> On a practical note, using the new exporter is easy.  I have these
> two lines (along with other configuration) in an Org-babel code
> block that I use to setup Org-mode:
>
>     (require 'org-export) (require 'org-e-latex)
>
> Then, I can access the dispatcher with M-x org-export-dispatch and
> choose the target.  It feels easy and natural from the get go.

So no more «C-c C-e d»?

OK, you convinced me that it would be better to use the new method
then. As you can see in my naive questions: I am not really familiar
withe the old exporter and neither with the new one. So using the
(good) documentation on the old one, I planned to contribute to this
template as much as possible. But I am not sure whether I can
contribute to the new one.

  1. http://orgmode.org/Changes.html
--
Karl Voit