Re: [O] LaTeX-export to ACM SIG Proceedings format

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX-export to ACM SIG Proceedings format
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:07:28 +0200

Mike McLean writes:
> So if I do not copy/move/link code from contrib/lisp/ to lisp/ I could
> still be using old contrib code from my Emacs system directories?

There is no contrib code in Emacs unless you yourself installed it
there.  The advantage of copying to lisp is that you don't need to add
contrib to the load-path and mostly don't need any further setup beyond
(require 'org-install).  Also, the new files in lisp will be compiled
and installed just like anything else in lisp without further
configuration.  The latter of course means that you have to do a "make
cleaninstall" if you later decide you don't want to have them installed
anymore.

Regards,
Achim.