Re: [O] HTML export fails with (void-variable org-version)

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] HTML export fails with (void-variable org-version)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:07:00 -0400

Jonathan Leech-Pepin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Bernt
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:21, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Again, the issue here is not compilation, but missing autoloads.
>>>
>>> make autoloads
>>>
>>> And if you still think you must override this, the thing(s) to set is
>>>
>>> (defconst org-release)
>>> (defconst org-git-release)
>>>
>>> ...which incidentally is what "make autoloads" will put into
>>> org-install.el, with a docstring and all that.
>>
>> I don't think make autoloads is an option for me at work...  I'm using
>> GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-03-10 on 3249CTO
>> and I don't have make available...
>>
>> I use git under Cygwin to get the org-mode repository and access it from
>> NT Emacs.
>
> If you're using Cygwin you should be able to install make.  It's under
> the devel section in the Cygwin installer.
>
> Of course this won't help anyone who is unable to install Cygwin/Mingw
> to use make, which means an alternate solution would be useful.

I tried that... and installed emacs under Cygwin (so it can find emacs
to run emacs -batch) and then had to fix permissions on org-install
(since it's on a windows drive) before make autoloads worked.

I didn't spend any time trying to correct install locations in the
makefile.  I run org-mode without compiling any sources normally and
having to do the extra make step each time I move around the source tree
isn't going to be very enjoyable.  I have no idea if I need to rerun
this make autoloads command on a regular basis or not.

I'll continue working on the master branch tomorrow and see what breaks.

Thanks,
Bernt