Re: [O] error on opening org-file with #+startup: indent

From: fkunze
Subject: Re: [O] error on opening org-file with #+startup: indent
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:08:01 +0000 (UTC)

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:

> fkunze <fkunze <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Augment the installation description
> > (http://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation) with a short
> > description for windows users (that avoids the use of make).
>
> I'm not using Windows myself, but I would welcome a patch that clarifies
> the installation process for Windows.
>
> Anyone?

Hi Bastien,
At the risk of redundancy (as I posted this paragraph earlier) the people
at the python sphinx documentation project have a similar problem (of producing
a "make" for windows) and it might be possible to rapidly develop a make.bat
file for org-mode installations by making modifications of their "make.bat"
source file:

https://trac.jmodelica.org/assimulo/browser/trunk/doc/sphinx/make.bat

I am too far removed from the intricacies of mapping the unix make options to
something that will work on windows - to produce something of real value in a
reasonable time period.  But I do have a friend who might be able to rapidly
develop an appropriate mapping.  Let me see if I can interest him in
satisfying
your request.