Re: [O] mail integration, advice?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] mail integration, advice?
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:29:03 +0800

On Thu, Apr 26 2012, Matt Price wrote:

> I'd like to take one more shot at returning to text-based email within
> emacs, mostly because I want to be able to integrate mail easily into
> my org-mode workflow.  The last time I tried this I used wanderlust,
> and I'd be willing to give it a try again but a couple of things have
> discouraged me in the past:
> - wl causes emacs to freeze up when it checks or sends mail, and can
> take quite a long while to complete these operations

Others have given imap solutions -- I'm using POP and the mpop utility
works great for this. I have it use `set-process-filter' and
`set-process-sentinel' to let me know what it did once it's done.

> - fast search and easy-to-manage virtual folders of some kind -- I see
> mu and notmuch are very strong on both these fronts

Again, for POP -- nnmairix is fast, but I've gotten strange behavior out
of the virtual groups it creates, and calling it from gnus is many times
slower than using it from the command line.

1.5ยข

--
GNU Emacs 24.1.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-04-25 on pellet