Re: [O] *Natural* language highlighting

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] *Natural* language highlighting
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 01:28:36 -0400

Alex Lane <address@hidden> wrote:

> On a (somewhat) related note, might someone point me at the face
> description(s) used for orgmode definition lists (e.g., foo :: bar)? I
> would specifically like to make the 'foo' part of such a definition a
> bit more assertive.

Unfortunately, that's not a specific face. The pattern is set in
org.el:org-set-font-lock-defaults around line 5894:

,----
|          ;; Description list items
|            1 'bold prepend)
`----

So you can redefine the bold face but that's probably a bad idea, since
it is going to change the appearance of a lot of things.  Otherwise, you
have to change the code above to achieve what you want, by replacing
``bold'' with the face of your choice (possibly of your own devising, if
the list of faces obtained with list-faces-display does not contain one
that meets your requirements.)

Nick