Re: [O] Org Clock Timer in Frame Title bug

From: George Kettleborough
Subject: Re: [O] Org Clock Timer in Frame Title bug
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:47:13 +0100

On Sun, Apr 29 2012, Bastien wrote:
> `global-mode-string' and ̀frame-title-format' are list by default
> and they cannot be customized.  They can be manually set to a string,
> but that's a mistake (okay, `global-mode-string' is a misleading name.)

On my Fedora box, frame-title-format is by default:

(multiple-frames "%b"
                 ("" invocation-name "@" system-name))

This is the value even if --no-init-file is used so I don't think this
is distro-specific.

Since the first element in the list is a symbol, the behaviour is to
treat it as a boolean which decides whether the second or third element
is used.  Anything appended to this list is just ignored.

Is this what you mean by frame-title-format being a list by default?  If
so, it's the wrong type of list and we do need to ensure that it's of
the correct form before we can append stuff to the end for display.

global-mode-string, on the other hand, does seem to be of the right type
by default:

("")

Thanks,

George.