Re: [O] Small grammar tweaks in export sections of org.texi

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: Re: [O] Small grammar tweaks in export sections of org.texi
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:45:15 +0200

On 26 April 2012 15:54, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Brian van den Broek <address@hidden> writes:

<snip>

>> I don't think my employer (I teach Philosophy at the College-level)
>> has a basis to claim ownership of copyright on my work product, but I
>> also seem to have misplaced my law degree :-) I thus cannot
>> confidently say that it is false that I "have an employer who *might*
>> have a basis" to claim ownership of my changes.
>>
>> I've written the relevant gnu.org address seeking clarification as to
>> whether my good faith belief suffices in my circumstances.
>
> Okay let us know.  You might get a faster reply by Cc'ing me as the
> maintainer.  Also, perhaps your College administration will be faster
> that GNU ones -- but chances are that both will be slow anyway.
>
> In the meantime, don't hesitate to report problems informally on the
> list!

Hi Bastien,

Thanks for the response and sorry for my delay; I was traveling.

To my considerable surprise and pleasure, my email to the relevant
gnu.org address got a reply in under 48h. The synopsis is that gnu and
the FSF are only concerned about employer claims for those employed to
program or those studying comp sci at uni. Hence, I shall send my
papers in shortly. It may, however, take some considerable time
nonetheless; I am given to understand that mail from Egypt to the US
is both unreliable and extremely slow. Once all is settled, expect
patches :-)

Thanks and best,

Brian vdB