[O] Sparse tree date question

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Sparse tree date question
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:20:55 -0500

It occurred to me that since I need to export to LaTeX for printing
and then paste my work notes into a technical notebook for IP purposes
(at least until the US completes its transition to first to file
patent law), I could sparse tree search for entries since I last
printed (I aim for 1x per week) and easily call those out of my
structure for export.

My issue is that I typically use inactive timestamps to record logs.
Furthermore, I only use scheduled or deadline timestamps for todos,
not journal logs of work I'm doing.

It seems that =C-c / [a/b/D]= only works for deadline or scheduled
active timestamps, not active or inactive time stamps alone.

Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

If it is correct... could a feature be added in which inactive or
active timestamps simply recording dates could be added to the search
options? Perhaps this can be done via the regexp option and I'm just
unaware that this is how individuals accomplish the above.

Thanks for any suggestions!
John