Re: [O] Habit tracking and table data

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Habit tracking and table data
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 21:35:57 -0400

Steinar Bang <address@hidden> writes:

>> By default marking it done creates a log entry with just the timestamp
>> (no log note).
>
> If I'm going to edit the table directly anyway, I don't really need the
> habit tracking functionality.  Or is there something I will be missing
> out on, that I don't see...?

As a habit it will have the habit graph on today's agenda.

> Would it be possible to automate the setting of a time stamp in the
> first column when creating a new row?

You can hit S-RET on the date (or blank cell under the date) and it
creates a new line and increments by one day.  You can also edit the
timestamp easily by positioning the cursor on part of the timestamp and
using S-arrows to modify the month/day.

-Bernt