Re: [O] How to make ECM for new exporter?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] How to make ECM for new exporter?
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 09:24:43 -1000

Aloha Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> I'm starting now to work out the port to the new exporter.  I first
>> tried the new LaTeX exporter, which stops with this error:
>> Symbol's value as variable is void: value
>
> It should be fixed in master.

Yes it is fixed, thanks.  It turns out that was the only problem, and the new
exporter now generates a .tex file.  It looks like I just need to tweak
the configuration a bit.

>> The new html exporter exports the file without error.
>>
>> The new ascii exporter stops with this error:
>> concat: Wrong type argument: wholenump, -7
>
> Hmm, probably something related to tables.
>
>> I used toggle-debug-on-error with the hope that I'd be able to find the
>> problem, but the voluminous output doesn't give me any clues I can
>> understand.
>>
>> Here's my question:
>>
>> Is there a better way for me to find the error than bisecting with
>> :noexport:?
>
> You can bisect buffer by narrowing it and exporting the narrowed part.
> You don't even have to limit yourself to headings.
>
> Don't hesitate to send me the backtrace or, even better, the faulty part
> of the document.
>

> Regards,

Thanks for your quick response and kind offer of more assistance.  I'll
take you up on it if I hit other roadblocks.

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813