Re: [O] Defining a new emphasis

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Defining a new emphasis
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 11:28:10 +0200

Hello,

"Francesco Pizzolante"
<fpz-djc/address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to define a new emphasis

Please don't. We're in the process of hard-coding emphasis markers.

> that would work like org-code (=) except that it would export to
> \textsf instead of \texttt in LaTeX.

If that's related to export, you can tweak the export of verbatim
(=text=) output.

For example, in the new exporter (if you use development Org, you can
(require 'org-export) and just call M-x org-export-dispatch), it just
means to change \texttt into \textsf through verbatim filters (list of
function applied to the output of each verbatim object).

It's a way to have the last words over export engine.

Here is the code:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun my-latex-verbatim-filter (text backend info)
  "In `e-latex' backend, change \"texttt\" into \"textsf\"."
  ;; No change for other backends.
  (if (not (eq backend 'e-latex)) text
    (replace-regexp-in-string "\\`\\\\texttt" "\\\\textsf" text)))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-verbatim-functions 'my-latex-verbatim-filter)
#+end_src

If you call `org-export-dispatch' on a buffer containing:

  =look_at:my~ti ny\reference^string=

you will get:

  \textsf{look\_at:my\textasciitilde{}ti
ny\textbackslash{}reference\textasciicircum{}string}

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou