Re: [O] orgstuct++ does not lurk silently in the shadow

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] orgstuct++ does not lurk silently in the shadow
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 09:24:10 +0930

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> If you're certain you're loading Org correctly, please try the
>>> attached patch and just tell me if the error disappears.
>>
>> The patch works!
>
> I'm still resisting applying this patch, because I don't understand why
> the infinite recursion occurs.
>
> Can you help me again by trying to give me a minimal setup where this
> infinite recursion occurs with latest Org?
>
> We're nearly there...  thanks a lot!

Strange.  With orgstruct++-mode now enabled (manually, not through a
hook), without your patch and without most of my org customisations, I
cannot seem to get the infinite recursion happening.

This is with org from git as of a few minutes ago.  However, I cannot
guarantee that some bits of org as shipped with emacs 24.1.50.1 haven't
been loaded before I manually load the latest version.  The problem is
that I cannot get gnus to startup properly with "emacs -Q".  My gnus
configuration is just too confused... :(

Argghhhh.

In any case, given that it seems to work just fine without my
customisations, there is something in my normal configuration (and
Nicolas's, I guess) that would seem to be triggering the infinite
recursion.  I will start bisecting my org configuration to track this
down but this could take some time!

I would definitely suggest not applying that patch as it doesn't appear
necessary in normal circumstances.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.1.50.1
: using Org release_7.8.09-544-g505cc7