Re: [O] Using Org for a dissertation

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Using Org for a dissertation
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 14:26:55 +0200

Hi Richard,

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Richard Lawrence
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I am a graduate student in philosophy, and I am about to begin writing
> my dissertation.  I am wondering about whether I should write it in Org,
> or stick to plain LaTeX.

Since others have added their bits, I'll just say I wrote my Master's
thesis in Physics last year with the then org-mode HEAD. I rather liked
the process and the end result[1]. Although I have to admit, I had to
hack around a bit because of buggy mandatory templates from my
university. Apart from that, everything was very smooth. If you are
interested, my org-mode setup is in a public repo[2]. However I haven't
had the time to make the org source for the thesis publicly available.
In case you are interested, I'm attaching some relevant bits. It has
examples on how to put in tables (with short and long captions),
figures, latex snippets and finally how I included a bibliography and
appendices.

Hope this will help.

Footnotes:

[1]