Re: [O] Language identifiers

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Language identifiers
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 08:54:58 -0400

> - The identifier in the left column did not work, but if I change it to
>   the identifier in the right column, the content highlights (in
>   Emacs).  The manual does not list it.
>
>   | config     | conf     |
>   | email      | mail     |
>   | make       | makefile |
>   | postscript | ps       |

For code block fontification, Org-mode looks to see if there exists a
major mode with the name lang-mode.  So, the reason some of the above
work, and some don't is because the right columns all name valid major
modes while the left column does not.

There also exists a variable named `org-src-lang-modes' which may be
used to explicitly associate particular language identifiers with
particular modes, so if for example you prefer to use email to mail you
can simply add the following to your config.

    ;; emacs-lisp
    (add-to-list 'org-src-lang-modes (cons "email" mail))

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte