Re: [O] New exporter [was: Re: Using Org for a dissertation]

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter [was: Re: Using Org for a dissertation]
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 19:54:31 +0200

Hello,

François Pinard <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>> Assuming contrib directory is in your load-path, just evaluate
>>   (require 'org-export)
>
> It would be that simple?  This is surely worth a try then!
>
> Well, I'm quickly encountering a few problems.  Are my tries
> premature,

No, org-export needs testing, and I'm ready to debug it.

> or should I push to get it going nevertheless?  In the latter case, I
> would be reporting problems as a mere user, as I do not feel I have
> enough free time to dive and debug myself (it is common nowadays that
> maintainers, everywhere, are trying to pull users into maintenance).

I'd rather pull you into writing a Texinfo back-end for the export
engine ;)

I do not ask you to debug anything, but, if you can provide them, ECM
help a lot.  In any case, please report the problems you get with it.

> If this is acceptable, should I report to this list or privately to
> someone?

I don't mind either way.  I think reporting to this list is fine as it
may prevent users from encountering the same problems over and over.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou