[O] new (LaTeX) exporter and date formatting

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: [O] new (LaTeX) exporter and date formatting
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:55:53 +0200

Hi all,

I am exporting a document containing dates like this inactive one
[2011-10-17 Mo].

I do not want to change the displaying of dates in org mode (as that
breaks indentation and point movement).  But I'd like this to be
exported as "Mo, 17.10.2011".  How do I do that?

I found
,----
| org-e-latex-inactive-timestamp-format is a variable defined in
`org-e-latex.el'.
| Its value is "\\textit{%s}"
`----
but I have no idea what to change that to or whether that is the correct
place to achieve the different data format at all.

Side note:
Ideally, in my opinion, the LaTeX-exporter would honor the
"#+LANGUAGE: XX"
setting and change the babel-settings accordingly and offer the option
to format the date/time-stamps differently for different languages.

Regards,
Andreas