Re: [O] new (LaTeX) exporter and date formatting

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] new (LaTeX) exporter and date formatting
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 23:33:31 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

>> I am exporting a document containing dates like this inactive one
>> [2011-10-17 Mo].
>>
>> I do not want to change the displaying of dates in org mode (as that
>> breaks indentation and point movement).  But I'd like this to be
>> exported as "Mo, 17.10.2011".  How do I do that?

[...]

> You can either add a filter in `org-export-filter-timestamp-functions',
> or implement your own function to handle timestamp objects. If you
> choose the latter, you can install the function in
> `org-e-latex-translate-alist' to overwrite current latex exporter
> behaviour, or use `org-export-define-derived-backend' to implement your
> own back-end.
>
> Assuming you want to overwrite current behaviour, something along the
> lines of the following (untested) should do the work:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (defun my-e-latex-timestamp (timestamp contents info)
>   (let ((value (org-translate-time (org-element-property :value timestamp))))
>     (setq value
>           (replace-regexp-in-string
>            org-ts-regexp1
>            (lambda (text)
>              (concat (save-match-data (org-trim (match-string 5 value))) ", "
>                      (substring text 0 (1- (match-beginning 5)))
>                      (substring text (match-end 5))))
>            value))
>     (case (org-element-property :type timestamp)
>       ((active active-range) (format org-e-latex-active-timestamp-format
> value))
>       ((inactive inactive-range)
>        (format org-e-latex-inactive-timestamp-format value))
>       (otherwise (format org-e-latex-diary-timestamp-format value)))))
>
> (add-to-list 'org-e-latex-translate-alist 'my-e-latex-timestamp)
> #+end_src

Thanks a lot for that elaborate response.  It got me where I wanted to be!

>> Side note:
>> Ideally, in my opinion, the LaTeX-exporter would honor the
>> "#+LANGUAGE: XX"
>> setting and change the babel-settings accordingly
>
> That seems reasonable. Is there any translation table between language
> symbols and Babel options?

Not that I am aware of.  But we could start one quite easily.  I got
this list of LaTeX-babel supported languages from
http://www.tug.org/texlive/Contents/live/texmf-dist/doc/generic/babel/babel.pdf:
(just a quick hack...)

| LaTeX babel  | lang symbol |
|--------------+-------------|