Re: [O] makefile regression

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] makefile regression
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 20:43:07 +0200

Greg Troxel writes:
> If GNU make is required it needs to be documented.

I've added a comment into Makefile as a stopgap measure.

> Separately from that, the makefiles look much more complicated than I
> would have thought necessary, and if there aren't good reasons to
> require more than POSIX make, it would be nice to stay with POSIX.

Last I looked it didn't seem possible to achieve the functionality of
the build system without resorting to generated makefiles, which would
either imply the use of further external tools or yet another make
flavor.  In light of the fact that orgmode was already using GNU make
extensions, it seemed more prudent to use GNU make extensions to a
fuller extent.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: