Re: [O] Blank equation when exported to HTML using dvipng

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Blank equation when exported to HTML using dvipng
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 10:08:20 -0400

Richard Stanton <address@hidden> wrote:

> So now I can see what the problem is, but how do I tell org-mode to
> call latex with the -shell-escape flag?

You can customize org-latex-to-pdf-process (or
org-e-latex-pdf-process[fn:1] if you are using the new exporter). In my
case, I have

,----
| org-latex-to-pdf-process is a variable defined in `org-latex.el'.
| Its value is ("texi2dvi --pdf %f")
| Original value was
| ("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f" "pdflatex
-interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f" "pdflatex -interaction
nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f")
`----

but texi2dvi probably does not exist on windows (and you still have to
patch it even on linux). Just add --shell-escape after every pdflatex
(or whatever command is invoked on windows).

Nick

Footnotes:

[fn:1] NB: different spelling in the two cases - not only the added "e-" but
       also the missing "-to".