Re: [O] Latex export : newlines in footnotes.

From: Jonathan BISSON
Subject: Re: [O] Latex export : newlines in footnotes.
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:52:41 +0000 (UTC)

Jonathan BISSON <bissonjonathan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> When I try to export my org file using latest git (1 month ago version
> got this problem too) to a tex file, I have problems with footnotes.
>
> * Orgfile
>
> Hello [fn:foo: bar]
>
> -> Latex Output
>
> Hello \footnote{bar
> }
>
> So I got a newline after bar, which causes big troubles in tables as the
> latex exporter puts the closing } at the end of the table, not a the end
> of the current cell.
>
> Any clue on how to get rid of this new line, and get the closing element
> at the right place ?
>
> Thanks !

In function org-export-latex-preprocess (file org-latex.el)

I relace the (setq def …) on the beginning of the function by :
          (setq def
                (concat (replace-regexp-in-string "\n" "" def)
                        (if (string-match "ORG-LIST-END-MARKER\\'" def)

And now the footnotes are exported correctly.

I can't find where in org-export-footnotes-seen the things are added with a \n
inside. If anyone can take a look at this.

Thanks,

J.