Re: [O] Testing: org-export-e-html

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Testing: org-export-e-html
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 18:38:36 +0200

Hello,

William Crandall <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. [[directors]]
> 2. [[#directors]]
> 3. [[directors][Directors]]
> 4. [[#directors][Directors]]
>

> As I see it (do let me know what I'm getting wrong!),
> the old version gets all links right.
>
> (But "old" makes one error(?) see next section.)
>
> 1. [[directors]]
>    old: <a href="#sec-1">directors</a>
>    new: <i>directors</i>
>
> 2. [[#directors]]
>    old: <a href="#directors">#directors</a>
>    new: <a href="#sec-1">Directors</a>
>
> 3. [[directors][Directors]]
>    old: <a href="#sec-1">Directors</a>
>    new: <i>Directors</i>
>
> 4. [[#directors][Directors]]
>    old: <a href="#directors">Directors</a>
>    new: <a href="#sec-1">Directors</a>
>

> In no case is the output the same!

<i>directors</i> is a fallback output meaning that export engine wasn't
able to find which object you were linking to. Provide targets for these
links and the output will be different.

> #4 would be most useful for my purposes, as it allows
> identifying target links precisely.

Org has syntax to identify target links precisely. I gave you a few
examples in a previous mail.

> Turning to the output for targets, the new version
> does not close the <a> tag (as the old version does).
> Other than that, "new" seems fine.
>
> ("Old" generates a <pre> section from the PROPERTIES drawer,
> whether it is open or closed, with your encoding. Not my focus,
> but is this an "old" bug?)

Properties drawers are ignored in every back-end by default. There is no
old or new bug, the behaviour has evolved.

> Output ("new" engine)   (Also: two extra blank-lines before each <p>):

That was a mistake in `org-e-html.el'. There should be as much blank
lines in the Org buffer as in HTML output. I fixed the problem in
a recent commit.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou