[O] Exporting to PDF using Windows Emacs and Cygwin TexLive

From: Alexander Vorobiev
Subject: [O] Exporting to PDF using Windows Emacs and Cygwin TexLive
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:05:00 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to use Cygwin's TexLive for PDF generation. The problem is that it does not seem to understand Windows paths:

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.3-1.40.12 (TeX Live 2011/Cygwin)
 \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
! I can't find file `c:/alex/prj/test.tex'.

Is it possible to convert the path to the generated tex file to cygwin format (via cygpath, etc or otherwise) before giving it to pdftex?

Unfortunately I can not use "matching" combinations of the applications (i.e. cygwin emacs + texlive or windows emacs + say, miktex) where, I know, the export would work seamlessly.

Thanks,
Alex