Re: [O] python/babel inline images

From: Mikhail Titov
Subject: Re: [O] python/babel inline images
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:16:34 -0500

Indeed

#+begin_src python :results output
import os
print(os.getcwd())
#+end_src

Shows location of my org doc.

> The code itself works flawlessly. So
> the workaround which I already have used is to link to the resulting
> image. The only drawback with this solution is that after every
> evaluation I have to remove the empty `'Results:'

You can use :results silent

> but the heck with
> it, I can live with it happily till the end of my days.
> However I find that some inconsistency lies therein. Before
> python/matplotlib I used gnuplot with which babel had no problem of
> this type.

Try using

... :file exp_csv.svg
plot.savefig(file=sys.stdout)

#+begin_src python :results output :file zzz.xxx
import os, sys
print(os.getcwd(), file=sys.stdout)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
[[file:zzz.xxx]]

Meanwhile I've noticed that I can't return back from editing python code in
a sub-editing buffer. C-c ' does not work and M-x org-edit-src-exit says
"This is not a sub-editing buffer, something is wrong".