[O] Multiple images per figure with LaTeX export

From: Brett Viren
Subject: [O] Multiple images per figure with LaTeX export
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:04:32 -0400

I'm using GNU emacs 23.2+1-7 and org-mode 6.27a-1 on Debian.

I want to put two images in one figure for LaTeX/PDF export but can't
find a way.  Googling has not born fruit.  I have tried a few naive
things like:

#+caption: Caption.
#+label: fig:figure
[[./img1.pdf]][[./img2.pdf]]

or:

#+caption: Caption.
#+label: fig:figure
[[./img1.pdf]]
[[./img2.pdf]]

but the resulting export has either two figures with identical captions,
each holding one of the images or the first image in a figure and the
second image inserted bare.  I've also tried to put each image in the
cell of a table but that leads to an "undefined control sequence" error.

How can this be done?

Thanks,
-Brett.