Re: [O] Selective export of Babel code blocks

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Selective export of Babel code blocks
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:08:06 +0200

Hi John,

My R knowledge is zero, but I'll give it a shot.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
> #+name: preamble
> #+begin_src R :exports none
> tikzDevice("file-name")
> #+end_src

Are you trying to use "file-name" as a variable? if so I think the
source block header should include this: ":var file-name" and the source
block can refer to the variable as $file-name.

> And by the org-mode Babel documentation it looks like I can do
> something like:
>
> <<preamble(file-name=file_1.tex)>>

I'm not sure about this. The syntax seems correct but I don't quite
understand the following statement from the manual:

  It is possible to include the _results_ of a code block rather than
  the body. This is done by appending parenthesis to the code block name
  which may optionally contain arguments to the code block as shown
  below.

       <<code-block-name(optional arguments)>>

My lack of knowledge of R doesn't help either. A little experimentation
should resolve it I think. :)

HTH

--
Suvayu