Re: [O] Rebuilding the Agenda hides inline Images

From: Marcus Klemm
Subject: Re: [O] Rebuilding the Agenda hides inline Images
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:06:58 +0000 (UTC)

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan <at> bell.net> writes:

> Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:
>
> Hi Bastien:
>
> > Do you have (setq org-startup-with-inline-images t) ?
>
> I have the above set to "t" and I have the same problem. The images will
> disappear when the agenda is build. I have to toggle it twice for the
> images to reappear.

Do you use, by any chance, a custom block agenda?

I wanted to reply to Bastien as fast as possible, so I tried to reproduce
my problem at work. I installed Emacs (v23) and orgmode, created a document
with inline images and built the agenda. The images did not disappear,
everything worked as I would expect.

At home, I use Emacs 24 and have many customizations (from worg's tipps
and tricks page, mostly) in my .emacs. I also almost exclusively use a
custom block agenda showing me the events of today and the next 7 days, my
todo list seperated into generic TODO-items, items I have marked as "next"
(custom TODO keyword), items marked as "waiting" (dito) etc. I also have
the agenda use the whole emacs frame, not splitting it.

So now I have to disable all of those customizations and try again, one by
one ... won't happen until the day after tomorrow (deadlines).

By the way, I found using the iimage minor mode to be a good workaround.

Ciao, Marcus