Re: [O] Presentation on Org-mode at Dunkerque (France)

From: Fabrice Niessen
Subject: Re: [O] Presentation on Org-mode at Dunkerque (France)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:19:03 +0200

Hello,

> Just to tell you that I will make a presentation on Org-mode during the LaTeX
> day in Dunkerque (FR) on Wed 13th June 2012.
>
> Here is my summary in English for the 1:30 presentation:
>
>     You wish to write high-quality documents or presentations, whose
>     successive versions are easy to compare (thanks to CVS, SVN or Git, for
>     example)? LATEX is un-miss-able.
>
>     You find, nevertheless, the syntax very heavy to write tables or to handle
>     nested lists? You have problems convincing your colleagues to go the LaTeX
>     route?
>
>     Come then discover org-mode (http://orgmode.org/). Writing a document or a
>     presentation will become as simple as an writing an email. And you inherit
>     new possibilites (of which outlining, status and tags on the sections, as
>     well as the advanced search functions are some examples that will be
>     looked at).
>
> It will be more focused to the LaTeX exporter, of course, but I will try to
> give more incentive for making the switch!
>
> My slides will be publicly available (first in French, in English as well if
> these are judged as worthing it ;-)).

Here they are:

https://github.com/fniessen/stage-latex-dunkerque-2012

Please note that -- even if the event was on last Wed -- the slides aren't
really in a terminal state yet. In particular, some Org blocks aren't rendered
as they should because of bugs in the old LaTeX exporter. I'm sure they'll go
away with the new Beamer exporter (as it's already good when exporting to a
standard document, with the new LaTeX exporter).

Best regards,
Fabrice