Re: [O] :var problems with R

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] :var problems with R
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:04:31 +0200

Hi Neuwirth,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Neuwirth Erich
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The following works
> #+name: xvar
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> "ahaRx"
> #+end_src

Why are you not using something that you know works? Try the following
for example.

#+name: xvar
|"ahaRx"|

#+name: myblock
#+begin_src R :var xxx=xvar
xxx
#+end_src

#+RESULTS: myblock
: ahaRx

As I understand it, Babel can read from tables and lists only.
Actually, to me, reading from a block of text doesn't make much sense
for a source block. What kind of data structure would it represent
(other than a long string of course :-p)?

GL

--
Suvayu