Re: [O] Invalid function: with-parsed-tramp-file-name with Perl

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Invalid function: with-parsed-tramp-file-name with Perl
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 11:13:11 -0400

Loris Bennett <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Loris Bennett <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> When I try to run a Perl script remotely via ":dir", I get the following
> >> error:
> >>
> >> ,-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> `-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> However, using the same remote host I can successfully run both R and
> >> bash scripts.
> >>
> >> There was a thread couple of years ago where this function cropped up:
> >>
> >> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-09/msg01712.html
> >>
> >> but there seemed to be no real resolution and it occurred with version
> >> 7.01trans and a bleeding edge emacs 24.  I am using Org 7.8.11 with
> >> Emacs 23.2.1.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >>

> > Try adding
> >
> > (require 'tramp)
> >
> > in your .emacs somewhere (probably before you load org but it should
> > not be too sensitive). Does that solve it?
>
> No, unfortunately not.  I get the same error.

Maybe it has something to do with the declaration in ob.el then (line 43):

(declare-function with-parsed-tramp-file-name "tramp" (filename var &rest body))

with-parsed-tramp-file-name is a macro, not a function. Can you try commenting
out that line in ob.el and checking again? Not sure what mayhem will ensue, but
who knows?

Nick