Re: [O] BBDB Sync (Was: Re: [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] BBDB Sync (Was: Re: [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:03:59 +0200

* Sriram Karra <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am the author of a sync tool that can perform bi-directional sync between
> MS Outlook / Google Contacts / Emacs BBDB. You can set up a sync profile
> between any folder in one of those with any folder in any of the other two.
> It's been released to the bbdb-info audience, and it seems to be working
> quite well (no complaints yet of ASynK eating up peoples contacts.) Give it
> a shot by visiting the project page at: http://karra-asynk.appspot.com/

I am using Org-mode to organize my contacts following
org-contacts.el[1] and a *lot* of additional properties. Those
things are so far »by convention« and I always wanted to sum it up
on WORG but did not find time for that.

If you are interested in writing a sync module for Org-mode as well,
feel free to contact me. I am happy to describe you how I am
organizing contacts using Org-mode.

  1. http://julien.danjou.info/software/org-contacts.el
--
Karl Voit