Re: [O] BBDB Sync

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [O] BBDB Sync
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:14:36 -0500

> I am using Org-mode to organize my contacts following org-contacts.el[1] and
> a *lot* of additional properties. Those things are so far »by convention«
> and I always wanted to sum it up on WORG but did not find time for that.

You know, it really shouldn't be hard to write an org-contacts.el *backend*
for BBDB.  I mean, a data source is a data source, who cares if it's an Elisp
form (.bbdb) or text data?

In fact, my Org-X project would make transforming an org-contacts.el buffer
into a BBDB Lisp form trivial.  Transforming it back (for writing) would be a
bit more work, but nothing too onerous.

John