Re: [O] git repo version clarificaiton

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] git repo version clarificaiton
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:05:09 +0200

Daniel Hawthorne writes:
>    As stated by the variable "org-version," the git repo version is
> 7.8.03.

Each checkout you make from the repo has it's own version.  Now, if you
are shown version 7.8.03, it can mean several things: you really have
that version checked out (forgot to pull?  on a different branch?) or
you may have a mixed install.

> The stable release is 7.8.11. Is the version number for the
> repo not meaningful?

It is.  The above tells us that something is amiss with your org-mode
from Git.  We just can't tell what exactly since you didn't give enough
information.

git remote update
git fetch --tags
git checkout master