Re: [O] Org-Export Subtree Options Not Working

From: Jeffrey Spencer
Subject: Re: [O] Org-Export Subtree Options Not Working
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 14:03:24 +1000

Thanks, that fixed it but another question.

if you export the whole file then and not just the selection can you use a tag or property to specify a different directory to export into instead of the same directory as the org file. Will creating the Property Tag at the top level work for this??

Also, is there an easy way to tell it to ignore the first say 2 headers in the file and only export starting with the third header. My first two headers are just to keep track of dates eg.
* 2010
** June

I would rather these be ignored when doing the export. The only way I know is to export the subtree.

If there isn't then is there a way to write a command that would take the current place your working in go up to the third level heading, select the third level, and run an export command. Or the fastest way to do this via key bindings?

Cheers,
Jeff

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Jeffrey Spencer <address@hidden> writes:

> When I input subtree options for modifying the global options when
> selecting with C-c @ and then exporting.
>
> The subtree options for example:
>
> #+EXPORT_OPTIONS: H:2 num:t toc:f \n:nil @:t ::t |:t ^:t -:t f:t *:t <:t
>  TeX:t LaTeX:t skip:nil d:nil todo:t pri:nil tags:nil
> #+EXPORT_FILE_NAME: tester
>
> are not used and just ignored. Shouldn't these overide the file settings
> from what I read in the org-manual. Where do these need to be placed. It is
> right below the subtree I am selecting for export.

You have to use headlines properties (with C-c C-x p) instead of
keywords, i.e.

* Headline
  :PROPERTIES:
  :EXPORT_TITLE: subtree-title