Re: [O] [ANN] Beamer back-end for org-export in contrib/

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Beamer back-end for org-export in contrib/
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 18:26:46 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The exported latex source however has the following:
>>
>>   \documentclass[11pt]{article}
>
> This is because "LaTeX_CLASS" and "LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS" properties are
> not recognized as export properties. You have to use them as a buffer
> keyword (#+LATEX_CLASS: beamer).

Okay, but this brings up a use case issue for me. I usually have a org
file dedicated to a project I'm working on. Then I have notes on
different sub topics and presentations in different subtrees. As needed,
I export the subtrees. This can be simple LaTeX or html export for notes
(to share or print), or beamer export in case I want to give a
presentation.

If I understand correctly, having a buffer keyword would mean I would
need to find and update it appropriately everytime I want to export
something. I can live with this, but it would be great if there was
support these export options as properties. Then all the subtree exports
can be decoupled easily.

>> I would also like to work on some user documentation for the beamer
>> backend (when I do find some free time :-p). I see that org-e-beamer.el
>> is very well commented so I will start there, but do you have any other
>> pointers that might help me clearly document the supported features?
>
> I suppose you know about Eric S Fraga's tutorial at:
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.html
>
> Since the back-end shares a lot with its previous incarnation, you will
> find, /mutatis mutandis/, much information about it.

Okay thanks, I was also thinking something similar and started based on
that. For all the common features I'll refer to Eric's tutorial and will
outline only the new, altered or deprecated features in my file.

Thanks again for this beautiful work. :)

Cheers,

--
Suvayu