Re: [O] R and babel on Windows problem

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] R and babel on Windows problem
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 17:05:58 -0500

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Update: I'm on 64bit and just now realized there's another set of R
>> cmds in ../R-2.15.0/bin/x64/. This is what I needed.
>>
>> Now my problem is that using R along doesn't produce any output. With
>> the above modification, I get:
>>
>> ,---
>> | Fatal error: you must specify '--save', '--no-save' or '--vanilla'
>> `---
>>
>> I'm quite close! If I add --no-save, I get exported results but they
>> include all of the R preamble text from when it starts. Here's my
>> block for reference:
>>
>> #+begin_src R :results output org :exports results
>>
>> x <- c(1:10)
>> summary(x)
>>
>> #+end_src
>>

> The default value for org-babel-R-command is "R --slave --no-save", so
> maybe adding the "--slave" option to your command will remove the R
> preamble text.

Yes! It's now working. I checked out the output of just runing "R"
from the command line in Windows, but did not see the --slave option.
Adding these to my .emacs setup of =org-babel-R-command= has worked
and it is now exporting results as expected.

Thanks so much -- for the times I need to use Windows at work, it's
going to be a lot easier to work with exportable/executable code
blocks in org-mode.

Thanks again for the persistence,
John