Re: [O] Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:34:10 +0200

Hi all,

Thorsten Jolitz wrote:

>>> Yes, part of KOMA (?), but thats rather low level if you have to design
>>> your own letters - and who knows all that stuff about professional letter
>>> design?. I tried that once and the result was ugly, there is a lot of
>>> extra work necesary to make it look fancy and modern.
>>
>> May be relevant to look at this thread from the list:
>>
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/29926
>
> So package 'isodoc' seems to be another (maybe simpler?) option. However,
> the thread proves again that it is not trivial to do-it-yourself. but there
> are quite a lot of options, it seems.

This is still the solution I'm using -- however, not often sending postal
mails...

The only drawback there is that we need to tangle the buffer, and C-c C-c the
resulting LaTeX file in AUCTeX mode to get the PDF.

IIRC, Eric planed to look at the problem so that we could stay in Org for
making the whole loop.

Best regards,
Seb

--