Re: [O] Exporting to FreeMind - opened in FreeMind failed

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting to FreeMind - opened in FreeMind failed
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 11:23:06 -0400

Csanyi Pal <address@hidden> wrote:

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
> > What is the value of major-mode?
>
> It's 'Org'.
>
> > What format do you export to?
>
> Maybe I don't understand your question. English isn't my first
> language.
>
> I'm exporting .org format to .mm format.
>
> > Did you try all this with emacs -Q?
>
> What is 'emacs -Q'?

``man emacs'' will tell you the basics: it starts emacs without any of
your setup (both personal and site-wide) intruding, so it distinguishes
between configuration problems and bugs. Coincidentally, another thread
running concurrently with this one (the one entitled
"org-export-select-tags"), also deals with similar problems.

> > Please help us help you.
>
> I want to do so.

Good: if you can reproduce the problem with emacs -Q, then it's probably
a bug in org (presumably org-freemind.el in this case). In that case, the
best thing you can do is to trim down your input file as far as possible
while still reproducing the problem (that's what people refer to as an ECM
around these parts) and post that on the list with a description of what
needs to be done.

All this and more is described in the FAQ, the manual and various
messages in the mailing list. To get you started, here is a pointer to
the relevant entry in the FAQ:

     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#bug-reporting

Nick