Re: [O] org-export-select-tags

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-select-tags
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 18:13:14 -0400

SW <address@hidden> wrote:

> SW <sabrewolfy <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > That was my fault. I recall seeing other blank lines elsewhere in your
> > example, so I must have deleted them all. Apologies for the confusion.
> > I personally never have such blank lines in a document, so it was a
> > force of habit.
>
> > Why *did* you start that example with a blank line anyway?

That has been my habit since some very early bugs: see

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/5285/focus=5417

Apparently the (old) latex exporter still shows symptoms of that
disease.  Note btw, that the buggy behavior is confined to the old
exporter: the new exporter DTRT with or without the empty line.

> Having said that, I posted my example *without* the opening blank line many
> times in this thread :)

But not originally: that's why I had to write and post my own and after you
reported failures with mine, I didn't bother running yours.

As an object lesson for all of us (we might as well get *something*
positive out of this disaster :-) ):

   o post an ECM to begin with - no ifs, ands or buts.
   o post what you tested *exactly*.
   o test what you (or somebody else) posted *exactly* as it was posted.

Nick