Re: [O] Bug (?): Indentation of lists and customized TODOs

From: AW
Subject: Re: [O] Bug (?): Indentation of lists and customized TODOs
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:26:14 +0200

Am Freitag, 13. Juli 2012, 15:07:16 schrieb AW:
> Am Freitag, 13. Juli 2012, 14:34:45 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
> > > I have used neither of them. I just type the text, auto-fill should make
> > > line breaks, you are right. Auto-fill does, but beginning in the third
> > > line, something fails.
> >
> > Starting with "emacs -Q", I still cannot reproduce your problem. Could
> > you double-check your configuration?
>
> Yes, I did. When I start Emacs by "emacs -Q" and switch scratch to org-mode,
> I can switch on auto-fill as well and it all works like expected.
>
> But if I start with my configuration in .emacs, I get a minor mode "Ind",
> which seems to be from "org-indent.el". My .emacs starts this, but I failed
> to find in which line. So "Ind" and auto-fill-mode together lead to this
> strange behaviour of lists. If I turn off Ind, everything is well. But
> where to turn off?

This is weird. There are some conditions more necessary to reproduce and I'm
still testing.

1. »(setq org-startup-indented t)« does not trigger the wrong indentation.

2. I had this line in .emacs:
»(setq-default auto-fill-function 'do-auto-fill)«
and replaced it with this function:
»
 (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
           (lambda ()
             (auto-fill-mode 1)))
«

3. The behaviour of lists seems to depend on which kind of text follows.

As soon as I find out, I'll post the result.

Regards,

Alexander