Re: [O] Using HTML or ODF to get content from Org to Word

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Using HTML or ODF to get content from Org to Word
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 17:39:17 +0200

Hello Giovanni!

* Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Karl Voit <address@hidden>
>
>> I thought that using the ODF-exporter would be the format of
>> choice to get content from Org to Word. Why do you guys prefer
>> HTML?
>
> A reason could be (in my case) because we cannot have LibreOffice
> installed :-(

No need to do that.

(Besides: there are portable-versions of LibreOffice[1] so that you
can install LibreOffice on any operating system having any kind of
reduced permissions. But this is not my point.)

> But you're right in remembering me that "write" (and perhaps
> word?) can read odf files.  I will try odf, thanks!

Yes, this was the thing I wanted to mention: Word is able to read in
ODF. And since ODF has a *way* more similar kind of "markup" to
docx, it should result in much better results than using HTML.

But: I never tried it by myself.

So I was wondering, if there are good arguments against using ODF in
the first place and using HTML as best choice.

  1. http://duckduckgo.com/?q=libreoffice+portable
--
Karl Voit