[O] Converting Org to Sweave (*.Rnw)

From: Julian Gehring
Subject: [O] Converting Org to Sweave (*.Rnw)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:19:25 +0200

Hi,

is there a way to convert Org-mode files with R code blocks to the Sweave ('*.Rnw') [1] file format or has anyone planned to work on this?

Sweave is heavily used in the R community in terms of literate programming, and has a tight integration into current package building workflows. Essentially, the file format is a latex document, with designated code chunks.

Since Org/Org-babel offers a very similar feature set, and already covers the export to latex, I was wondering whether anyone is working on some code that would rewrite the code block headers in the export? In the R community, I have seen a lot of interest in such an exporter, that would allow to write the documentation in Org itself and later export it to several backends, including Sweave to integrate it in the R package.

If anyone has some comments regarding this or is interested in working on this, please let me know. My colleagues and I would be very interested in contributing in projects in this direction.

Best
Julian

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweave