Re: [O] Feature that org mode needs most

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [O] Feature that org mode needs most
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:46:05 +0100 (BST)

Da: Joseph Thomas <address@hidden>
Inviato: Mercoledì 18 Luglio 2012 16:01

>  I did download the latest snapshot of org from git, but as I need to
>maintain my todo.in

> NT emacs at work, I don't have make

> and so

and so .....

you read the nice page on worg written by Achim Gratz
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html
and followed the instructions for us leaving through the Windows

great!

-------------------------------- juice of the instructions---    BUT PLEASE
READ THEM  ALL -----

your current directory must be where org has been unpacked into

Windows CMD.exe has quite different quoting rules and this won't work, so your
other option is to start Emacs like this
emacs -Q -L lisp -l ../UTILITIES/org-fixup
then paste the following into the *scratch* buffer
(let ((org-fake-release "7.8.11") (org-fake-git-version "7.8.11-fake"))
(org-make-autoloads))
position the cursor after the closing paren and press C-j or C-x   C-e to
evaluate the form.