[O] possible org bug

From: Robert Louis McIntyre
Subject: [O] possible org bug
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:27:08 -0500

I'm trying to upgrade my org distribution and ran into a
problem exporting java code blocks to html.

I'm using the following:

GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
of 2012-06-11 on shirley.hoetzel.info

Org-mode version 7.8.11 (release_7.8.11-217-g99ef57 @
/home/r/config/emacs/extend/org-mode/lisp/)

When I try to export certain org files with java code
blocks while using emacs in --batch mode, the export fails
with the error:

Symbol's function definition is void: nil

This only happens when using emacs in batch mode.

I've created a minimal example that demonstrates this
problem at:

 http://aurellem.org/dl/possible-org-bug.tar.bz2

there are two batch scripts, fails.sh and works.sh, the only
difference being that one uses emacs with the --batch option
while the other does not.

In order to run these scripts, you will have to change the
load-path in org-init.el file to point to your own org
distribution.

I can confirm that the "fails.sh" script works with my old
setup,

GNU Emacs 23.4.1
Org-mode version 7.7

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem with --batch
that is causing my script to fail?

sincerely,
--Robert McIntyre