Re: [O] The "problem" with `flet' in Org-mode and (future) Emacs 24.2

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [O] The "problem" with `flet' in Org-mode and (future) Emacs 24.2
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:19:45 +0900

** Vladimir Lomov [2012-07-19 21:33:57 +0900]:

> Hello,
> ** Eric Schulte [2012-07-18 22:13:45 -0600]:

>> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Wouldn't you want to use defmacro instead of defalias?

>> Why?  Using `defalias' seems simpler because with `defmacro' I would
>> have to copy the macro arguments and stub out a trivial macro body.
>> Also, this way the version check only happens once (at load time),
>> rather than every time the macro is called.

>>> Also, I'd think that these two macros should go into org-compat.el
>>> instead of org-macs.el.

>> Agreed, I forgot about org-compat.  The alternate patch below moves
>> these definitions from org-macs.el to org-compat.el.

>> Thanks,

> [...]

> This is interesting, but seems not fully functional. After applying
> patch I tried export to html but got

> Symbol's function definition is void: matches

> I'll compare your and mine patches later.

I found the source of that message, in my patch I use `cl-flet*' for
`ob.el' (around lines 1264). I don't remember exactly why star version
is needed but it works.

I changed a bit Eric's patch with recent changes from Jambunathan and
checked it with simple "Export to HTML" on my real Org document, it
works.

I attached modified patch.

P.S. Seems I remember why I was confused: the `flet' function has to be
changed in one places to `cl-flet' but in others to `cl-flet*'.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Do YOU have redeeming social value?