Re: [O] [ANN] Markdown export back-end in contrib

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Markdown export back-end in contrib
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:18:43 +0800

On Thu, Jul 26 2012, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I introduced a Markdown export back-end in contrib/.  It uses atx syntax
> for headlines and inline syntax for links and images.  It is quite
> simple, so don't expect much about it.
>
> This is Markdown vanilla flavour, so there are a few thing that it
> doesn't support.  Among them, some are simply ignored (i.e. footnotes),
> other are sent to HTML back-end (i.e. tables).  Anyway, creating a new
> flavour out of it (i.e. Github Markdown Flavour) is simple with
> `org-export-define-derived-backend'.
>
> You can use `org-md-export-as-markdown' and `org-md-export-to-markdown'
> functions to test it.

Wonderful! I feel a little silly exporting one markup language to
another (though I guess that's all HTML is, in the end), but so much of
what I do online is done through Markdown… This is very welcome.

Thanks,

GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.11)
 of 2012-07-23 on pellet
7.8.10