Re: [O] Org Agenda - revert all agenda files?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Org Agenda - revert all agenda files?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 23:32:20 +0200

Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 25 jul 2012, at 17:39, Nick Dokos wrote:

>> On the OP's question, I'd prefer a more targeted solution: something
>> like this should work (very lightly tested - check the doc for
>> revert-without-query if you want to modify the regexp):

>> (defun xin-shi-org-revert-agenda-buffers ()
>> (interactive)
>> (mapcar
>>  (lambda (file)
>>    (let ((revert-without-query '(".*\.org$")))
>>      (find-file file)
>>      (revert-buffer)))
>>  org-agenda-files))
>

> The variable org-agenda-files can also contain directories.  Therefore
> you should use the function call
>
>   (org-agenda-files t)
>
> to get a list of the files.  The t means, even if the agenda
> is currently restricted, get all files.

Thanks - I forgot all about that.

> Another improvement to this function would be to limit it
> to files currently visited - but I guess this is a minor issue
> as the next agenda command will visit all those files anyway.

Yes, I thought about that and decided it wasn't worth worrying about.
As Kernighan and Plauger say: first get it right, then make it fast; and
as we just saw, it wasn't right :-). But for typical setups - a few
files or a few dozen files - I don't think it's going to make much
difference. OTOH, if one has thousands of agenda files, then one
probably has much worse problems than this.

Uhhh, yes, indeed!

- Carsten

Nick