Re: [O] several column view dynamic block on sparse tree

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] several column view dynamic block on sparse tree
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:31:28 +0200

Hi Jacob,

Jacob Riko <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to do have several dynamic blocks, that each works for a
> specific tag and captures a time-summing column view on the sparse tree of
> the file matching the current tag.

As far as I understand it, this cannot be done.

You can have several columnview captures, provided that you have several
column views defined in different subtrees.

But there is no notion of "a column view relative to a sparse tree".

> Background:
>
> I am currently designing two university courses that cover roughly the same
> topics.  I would like to do the topic selection, time estimation (time
> needed for a topic in class, time to solve an exercise) and scheduling
> (which topic/exercise/..) to do in which class/week in one org-mode file
> that has as the main tree a topic tree.
> My idea was to have tags to identify topics I would do in a certain course,
> and a family of tags (like courseA_a, courseA_b) to tag things I would do
> in a certain lecture.
> Now I could (with the above constructs) extract the topics and
> time-estimates for the two different courses, and even for the single
> lectures of each course, or the single weeks of assigned homeworks for the
> different courses.
>
> Is this a reasonable setup?

I would rather use a different *subtree* for each course, thus allowing
different columnviews for each course.

HTH,

--
 Bastien