Re: [O] make test on Mac

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] make test on Mac
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 16:23:22 +0200

Hi Erich,

yes, it does make sense to report such errors as they may be related to
your architecture/installation -- and developers cannot test all possible
architectures/installations.

Neuwirth Erich <address@hidden> writes:

> I am regularly building org mode on my Mac.
> I do not pretend to bean experienced Emacs programmer, but I am will it to
> help if I can contribute.
>
> This is what I get when I run
> make test
> on the current source.
>
> Ran 314 tests, 307 results as expected, 7 unexpected (2012-08-01
> 16:06:02+0200)
> 5 expected failures

I can't reproduce this on my Emacs.

GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-07-26 on myhost

> 7 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  ob-fortran/command-arguments
>    FAILED  ob-fortran/fortran-var-program
>    FAILED  ob-fortran/input-var
>    FAILED  ob-fortran/list-var
>    FAILED  ob-fortran/list-var-from-table
>    FAILED  ob-fortran/preprosessor-var
>    FAILED  ob-fortran/simple-program

Hopefully someone using a Mac can try against latest git head and run a
make test to confirm.

> Does it make any sense for the developers that I mail this?
> Should I send more or is this useless information?

You should test what is your version of MacOSX and Emacs.

M-x emacs-version RET

Thanks!

--
 Bastien